Naga stucco in front of chapel Wat Chedi Luang temple NO.J17

SKU: 02_29_20170606_PH02_08 Category:

Description

Digital Data

TITLE:
Chiang Mai
AUTHOR:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Chiang Mai University.
KEYWORDS:
Wat Chedi Luang temple,Chiangmai,Chiangmai history
DESCRIPTION:
Naga stucco in front of chapel Wat Chedi Luang temple,Chiangmai,Thailand
PUBLISHER:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Chiang Mai University.
OTHER CONTRIBUTORS:
Photographic Art, Department of Media Art and Design, Faculty of Fine Arts, Chiang Mai University
DATE:
06/06/2560
RESOURCE TYPE:
Image
FORMAT:
Image/jpeg
RESOURCE IDENTIFIER:
Chiang Mai House of photography’s qualified committees under board of committee’s control.
SOURCE:
Old Photographic Image
LANGUAGE:
Thai/English
RELATION:
Wat Chedi Luang temple is the largest temple in Chiang Mai but now the peak of the pagoda is broken down during an earthquake in 1545. so Wat Chedi Luang temple is one of the historic site which a tourist attraction established in “Phraya Saen Mueang Ma” era the 7th ruler of Chiang Mai of The Mangrai dynasty in 1388 – 1411 to dedicate charity to “Phraya Kue Na” his father but he died before completed it after that his consort took control to continues the construction until finished in “Sam Fang Kaen”era call “Goo Luang” first built as a small rectangular pagoda with 14 meters wide base and 24 meters high afterwards “Tilokaraj“ era the 9th ruler of Chiang Mai of The Mangrai dynasty in 1482 can be seen in the long distance then invoke the Emerald Buddha to place at the eastern porch of the pagoda for 80 years since 1467 – 1548 onward “Chiraprapha” era The 15th ruler of Chiang Mai of The Mangrai dynasty since 1545 – 1546. In 1545 have heavy rain and massive earthquakes cause the top of the pagoda broken ruin half of the body and cracks at the pagoda that too much to fix so it was abandoned for 445 years. Subsequently, in 1990, The Fine Arts Department was restored until like today.
COVERAGE:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Phra Pokklao Rd., Si Phum, Muang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
RIGHT MANAGEMENT:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Chiang Mai University.

Physical Data

COLLECTION NAME:
Jaras Chanpromrat
IMAGE CODE:
02_29_20170606_PH02_08
SUBJECT AGE:
At the end of 26th century
CATEGORY:
photograph
PROVENANCE:
In donation from Mr.Panya Phoonsin
COVERAGE:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Phra Pokklao Rd., Si Phum, Muang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
View map
ORIGINAL SIZE:
6 cm x 6 cm (120 film)
DIGITAL SIZE:
15137*14927 Pixels