Wat Chedi Liam

SKU: 02_29_20170606_PH02_17 Category:

Description

Digital Data

TITLE:
Chiang Mai
AUTHOR:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Chiang Mai University.
KEYWORDS:
Wat Chedi Liam,Wiang Kum Kam,Chiangmai,Chiangmai history,Phaya Mangrai
DESCRIPTION:
Wat Chedi Liam,Wiang Kum Kam,Chiangmai,Thailand, The temple was built by The first of king Phaya Mangrai.He built it in 1831.
PUBLISHER:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Chiang Mai University.
OTHER CONTRIBUTORS:
Photographic Art, Department of Media Art and Design, Faculty of Fine Arts, Chiang Mai University
DATE:
06/06/2560
RESOURCE TYPE:
Image
FORMAT:
Image/jpeg
RESOURCE IDENTIFIER:
Chiang Mai House of photography’s qualified committees under board of committee’s control.
SOURCE:
Old Photographic Image
LANGUAGE:
Thai/English
RELATION:
Evidence from legendary document and Chronicle in the past called Wat Ku Khum. Ku means pagoda and Khum means gold which King Mangrai of Lanna officially endorse to established in 1288. According to Chiang Mai native legendary information and Yonok Chronicle are match. King Mangrai ordered to get soil from marsh for Built Ku Khum Pagoda in Wiang Kum Kam to be the worship of the people in 1288 the year of the rat. Antiques of the temple is the pagoda 5-floor shape same with the Ku Gut Pagoda at Wat Chamathewi, Lumphun which a pagoda in the early stages of Lanna which influenced by Hariphunchai but nowadays it has been repaired in 1902 by Phaya Ta Ka-Mong Pun Yo afterwards appointed to Ruang Yona Kan Wijit prototype of Upa Yokin which is Myanmar woodchuck. This temple is unique because it was built by King. There is a pagoda pattern that represents the influence of Haripunchai which Phraya Mangrai officially endorse to built in Wiang Kum Kam in the early stages.
COVERAGE:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Phra Pokklao Rd., Si Phum, Muang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
RIGHT MANAGEMENT:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Chiang Mai University.

Physical Data

COLLECTION NAME:
Jaras Chanpromrat
IMAGE CODE:
02_29_20170606_PH02_17
SUBJECT AGE:
At the end of 26th century
CATEGORY:
photograph
PROVENANCE:
In donation from Mr.Panya Phoonsin
COVERAGE:
Chiang Mai House of Photography, Phra Pokklao Rd., Si Phum, Muang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
View map
ORIGINAL SIZE:
6 cm x 6 cm (120 film)
DIGITAL SIZE:
15339*15128 Pixels